Thursday, December 6, 2007

No Classes So I'm Posting Photos

Let's work our way forward, shall we?

THANKSGIVING! (Akita-style)

Maureen organized this whole day with the help of Seth, who cooked the turkeys!

Corey, Brett, and Tex all GQ'd up for Thanksgiving in their Uniqlo sweaters
Nick (Christy's boyfriend) and I made the mac 'n cheese - expertly, I might add.


Yay! Let's eat!This is my first plate of food: corn, stuffing, turkey+gravy, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, green bean casserole, and pasta salad. Carb fest!!

Japanese lady who's name I forgot, Maureen, me, Christian, and Juls - still alive after all the food!

Josh (the Australian) entertained these two little girls the whole night.

There were 20 people in total!

While you were shopping on Black Friday, I was...

Pasta/ravioli making at Bella's house in the middle of nowhere!

They turned out to be delicious! Bella's French Canadian with Italian ancestry = good recipes!

Yes, I made a mess and got flour all over myself. As if I wasn't white enough...

We drive to the city for Starbucks - and to see Paula!
Christy and Paula modeling the universally lovely red cups.

Oh, Paula bought some really expensive pink macaroons. Apparently they were worth it.

I went to Sendai to take a test. Here are some photos~

This is at Tohoku University (test site), they still have fall leaves!

hm... Japanese maple?

While I was at a bookstore in Sendai, I ran into Craig, a guy I had some Japanese classes with at Berkeley. Apparently, he's studying abroad at Tohoku University! SMALL WORLD!!! Anyway, he took me on an impromptu tour of Sendai. So here's the founding father samurai guy's statue.

It's at the "castle", which after a half hour hike turned out to be "castle ruins".

Still worth it!

::End::

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Thanksgiving Chico-style (the Far East version) :-)

    Never too far from home, in this "Small World" huh Katie?

    ReplyDelete