Tuesday, December 4, 2007

雪の夜とかわいそう子猫

Tonight, as I was leaving my English conversation class, my supervisor asked if I saw the kittens, and I didn't know what she was talking about, so she explained, "oh there are three homeless kittens outside!" So I went outside in the BLIZZARD, and sure enough, there were three really cute (but sad) mewing kitties!!! Someone from the community center had made them a little styrofoam box house that seemed kind of warm, but they had no food/water and looked cold/hungry!! It was soooo sad!!!

So I got in the car and drove straight to the grocery store, where I bought cat food and towels (because they don't sell blankets). I stopped by house to pick up another towel and gladware tub things for the food/water, and then went back to the community center. As soon as I walked up they starting meowing like crazy and when I put the food down the literally DOVE IN! Gosh they looked so cold! They were gobbling down the food, too. I made sure there was plenty for tonight and set the bag next to their little box-home so hopefully someone will feed them more tomorrow. I also filled them a dish of water, which they happily lapped up - I hope it doesn't freeze tonight! Then I added my towels to their box to make it warmer and cozier. After that, it didn't really seem like there was much else I could do, so I came home. But I really want to go back and check on them (even though I can't do anything)!

I emailed my supervisor to ask her to call the community center people tomorrow and find out if the cats really have no home. I said that if they don't, I'll take care of them. Three cats are kind of a lot for someone who doesn't spend a whooole lot of time at home... but someone has to give them a home! Especially since it's snowing!! Anyway, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Send warm thoughts to the kitties!!

2 comments:

  1. Winkin, Blinkin & Nod

    Katie, totally impractical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie

    kitties are not SUPPOSED to be practical! I have done the same for little kitties in the snow & they hung around for 5 years & were some of my best "outdoor" pets ever!

    I hope you can figure a way to keep them near.

    Love, Aunt Vicki

    ReplyDelete