Friday, June 6, 2008

Two Months...

As of yesterday, I officially have two months left in Japan. My flight leaves Tokyo at 6p.m. August 6th.

TWO MONTHS!!!!

That is such a short amount of time!!! Yesterday, we had the Akita JET Prefectural Conference. The Returners, like me, when to seminars on tax and pension withdrawal information, good-bye speeches, and reverse culture shock. Then we took one last group picture, and parted ways. It was a surprisingly emotional day for me. Or, the range of emotions was surprising - stressed about tax forms and bureaucracy, sad/nostalgic about saying goodbyes, nervous about re-entry shock, excited for things at home, happy/sad to JET people I don't see often and probably won't see again, etc. It was all pretty exhausting, I guess, because when I got home at 5:30, I passed out on the couch until almost 8!! And then went to bed at midnight.

I've got to squeeze in as much play time as possible the next two months, so tonight I'm off for a cake date at a bakery with Maureen, and then to the movies with a Japanese friend. Tomorrow, I'm going to a taiko festival in Noshiro to see the Namahage Taiko team and some of the JETs play. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment