Monday, October 22, 2007

Akita Wakasugi Kokutai!

Remember that National Sports Competition I keep mentioning? And Sugitchi, the awesome mascot?
Well... the games came and went! I was able to see karate, tons of basketball, and a bit of wrestling.

Hiromi, from the Board of Ed., drove me and her daughter (age 9) two hours to see the karate competition. It was pretty cool, but I quickly realized that karate is one of those things that's more fun to do than watch!






The adult men and high school girls' basketball tournaments were held in my town, so for "work" for three days, I went to basketball games. The first day I sat with the girls' basketball club from one of my junior highs. The second day, I cheered with the boys' basketball club from my other junior high, and the third day I sat with the teachers (boring and no pictures).





Okay, so the reason I saw a little wrestling was because Christy and I actually danced with the crazy Macarena-group (and cute kids!) at the closing ceremony for wrestling. We did the Sugitchi Dance. It was totally silly, but we had a fun time, and didn't do too badly, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment