Thursday, January 31, 2008

In case you missed it...

I turned 22 last week! (on the 22nd! lucky!)

With the whole time difference thing, I determined I got basically two days of birthday, so I cashed in on it and celebrated twice!

The first was on the night of my birthday. Christy came up to my place bearing an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, but it wouldn't fit in my tiny-sized freezer, so we put it outside in the snow and went out to dinner. The place I wanted to try was closed, but it worked out and we ended up at this great (and cheap!) Chinese restaurant with excellent food. Then we came back and ate the cake (snow = outdoor freezer... another thing I'd never thought about before). Oh, we even lit candles and Christy and I sang Happy Birthday to me! It was really really nice. =D

The second birthday was on Sunday, and thrown by my Japanese friends. We (8 in total) met up at my favorite place - Round1 Amusement Center, ate curry for lunch, karaoke'd for 2.5hrs, bowled two games, and went out for dinner/dessert at a place next door. I had SOOOO much fun!! So much fun! It was like all my favorite things (okay, bowling's not really a favorite, but I like it) in one day! With really fun people. =D

SEE PICTURES!!

Birthday and Int'l Day

Oh, there's also pictures of the International Day I went to at Christy's school. And of the really delicious cakes my English conversation class made me for my birthday this week. yay!


This weekend I'm going to attempt snowboarding with the same Japanese friends. Wish me luck! (and safety!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment