Thursday, January 3, 2008

Time Warp 2008!

I need to do some catching up on the haps in December, but that's on hold for now. I'm going to post some of the pics from my sister and Joaquin's (her boyfriend) visit so far. They're going to be here until Monday. We spent three days in Tokyo, and the rest of the time here in Akita with all the snow. Check it out!

First night - Sensoji at night in the rain

Meiji Jingu

Goofing off in the park around the temple.

Gateway to the Meiji Temple

Jessie met some koi in a park near Yasukuni Shrine

Out for a walk in the park - Kitanomaru Park (I think?)

Joaquin got some "habanero soup" from the vending machine.

Sensoji again with no rain.
Joaquin's first ramen in Japan. He liked it!

This is good so I won't forget when I went to the Tokyo Tower - 2007! (It says 2008 now)

Daytime in Ueno Park.
In front of a fountain in Ueno Park.

New Year's Day! We went to the Namahage Museum, and Joaquin got to dress up.



Eating some New Year's mochi, pounded by Namahage demons!

Snow?! At the beach???




These were all at the tip of the Oga Peninsula. (click here to see it in the summer)

A random park near one of my schools. We stopped to play around.

Snowball fight!

We went for a hike around the little lake near my house (I posted pictures I took with my phone of it in the fall).


Coming soon... pictures of our visit to Kakunodate and Lake Tazawa (LOTS OF SNOW!).

No comments:

Post a Comment