Sunday, April 6, 2008

Denny's!!

I forgot to write that we went to Denny's for ice cream after the park. I was sooo excited for my first Denny's in Japan (they only have them in Tokyo) and I had a chocolate sundae.

I have to say, I was rather disappointed at how Japanified the menu was! Gone were all the American classics - Grand Slam breakfast combos, burgers, milkshakes, etc. - and instead I found the typical Japanese "family restaurant" style foods like japan-flavored pastas and cheap steak meals. I'm sure the food is all good and tasty, it's just not smothered-and-covered-hash-browns-American-style-Denny's good. (seriously, Denny's with no breakfast combos is just... Gusto)

But, to be fair, I ordered an American Clubhouse Sandwich to-go and just ate it on the train. Even after carting it around for 3hrs it was still a darn good club sandwich! :) Oh and my ice cream sundae was awesome! It had what I think are called cocoa puffs in it for crunch!! Nice touch, Denny's Japan! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment