Monday, April 21, 2008

I left my heart in San Francisco...

...and it looks like I'll have plenty of time to get it back!

My acceptance letter for San Francisco State's graduate Japanese program came in the mail today! I actually found out online last week, but the letter makes it official. :) I only applied to this one school, so it's a good thing I got in! Actually though, they have the perfect program for what I want to do - an MA in Japanese with an emphasis in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language. And the fact that I get to be back in the Bay excites me to no end!

So that's the big news, otherwise... the cherry blossoms are blooming here now so it's pretty and I've been doing lots of flower viewing. Oh, I was on the news! Christy and I were at a sakura festival in Akita City walking around enjoying the flowers when this guy with a camera spotted us. He whipped around and started filming us (like "wow foreigners!") and then followed us (we were walking to meet some friends). Finally he asks us what we think about the sakura and Christy goes "tanoshii〜!" (fun!) so I say "utsukushii〜!" (beautiful!) and we walk away. The next day EVERYONE said "I saw you on the news!!" hahaha. great, I probably looked like a big dork! Well no one taped it so I'll never know. Oh well.

I posted up all my travel pics using the school's internet, but I didn't have time to caption them, so if you are partial to captions don't look at them yet.

I think I might have internet again sometime in the nearish future, but I've been thinking that for 2 months so I wouldn't trust me if I were you.

k that's all for this update! Only 3months left! Wooowzers.

No comments:

Post a Comment