Sunday, April 6, 2008

Work Hard/Play Hard!

whew! another busy day of adventure! I met Marie, found a place to store my duffle bag, and set off. Yokohama China Town (中華街 - chuukagai) has all fun shops as SF's without the huge hills, which I feel is a plus! We walked around enjoying the general splendor and then wandered down an alley to find the おもしろ水族館 (Interesting Aquarium). It was, indeed, quite interesting! They had all kinds of weird fish and even a section for "babies" (baby fish aren't called babies though, right? What are they called? Hatchlings? At some stage they're called fries, I think...) Anyway, there was a show thing for feeding the babyfish. It was really for kids, but the two guys doing it were so funny, we watched anyway. :)

We ate waaaay too much food at a (duh) Chinese restaurant - I had fried rice and pot stickers. After some more wandering and realizing all the shops were selling souvenirs (including Panda World and Hello Kitty From Japan), we decided to check out the famous Yamashita Park.

The park is right on the bay (I waved towards CA!) and really pretty. Lots of flowers and fountains and kids. We could see the landmark Yokohama ferris wheel, but didn't have time to ride it (plus I'd rather go at night).

We rode back to Tokyo and I saw Marie off. Now I'm waiting for my train to Akita! Good weekend. Good trip.

I'm exhausted. I travel hard. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment