Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mountains

I'm on the shinkansen (bullet train) to Tokyo now, crossing the big ole mountain range that runs down the middle of northern Japan (look at a map). It's really pretty! The other times I've been through here it's been dark and/or SNOWING, so it's nice to see the pretty mountains, mostly melted snow, gushing creeks, etc. by daylight. :)

It was sprinkling when I left Akita, but I hear it's "sunny as can be" (quoting Lisa) in Tokyo so I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, and randomly, when I was on the local train to Akita City, Izumi, the adorable high school girl who comes to Christy's Eng conv class (and a lot of times i drive her), happened to get onto my car. That was a nice surprise and i got to talk to her for the rest of the ride - she's so good at English! Even when I spoke Japanese she responded in English! Good for her. :)

Anyway, the trip's off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment