Friday, May 23, 2008

Okinawa!

the trip is just getting started, but here's an update so far!

i got here at 1130, went to bed, got up to go the fish market at 330 and then went on an inpromptue tour of naha on the back of my karate instructor's (rented) motocycle. fun, but i didnt get back to bed til 6, slept till 830 and then felt funky because odd sleep patterns don't agree with me... but it's okay. the group made plans to meet in the lobby at 12:30 so i decided to spend my morning exploring International St. I ended up spending too much money on souvenirs - i like too many people! oh well. we all went to some gardens, took lots of pics and then went out to lunch at Charlie's Tacos - yuuum!

now im off to see the famous shuri castle!

1 comment:

  1. Okinawaaaaa, I wish I can feel the tropical heat there. However, I think it is the rainy season in Okinawa... How does the weather treat you so far? I wish everything will be great on your trip!
    If you come to Tokyo area, just let me know. I will show you around;)
    Take care! Ciao

    ReplyDelete