Monday, May 26, 2008

vacation

I'm having SUCH a good time!! So far I've visited Shuri Castle and war memorials, went snorkling in a coral reef, done karaoke, seen a trad Okinawan music show, explored an aquarium and an old-time village, rode in a pineapple car at the pineapple park, did a little shopping, and today I went to two karate training sessions! You'll see all the pics later.

This has just been so amazing thus far. Training with all these 9th degree black belts and the grandmaster is just cool!! and I'm really glad I'm here now (rather than when I was in high school) because my Japanese and knowledge of J culture is at a point now where I can really appreciate this experience. I'm kinda proud of how well I've done, too. Apparently, karate is like riding a bike. :)

I'm looking forward to filling you all in!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment